Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today was Class #2. We were baking on the first day! Today we worked to finish the Apple Tart we started on Thursday. This is the very first tart I have ever made, and it looks pretty damn good I must say. I can't wait to taste it. I am worried that the crust won't be great because I may have over worked the dough. Oh well, I will find out on Tuesday.
We had the first of our Food Safety lectures today lead by Chef Tim. Chef Tim is hysterical, he made a boring but necessary and important topic entertaining and interesting.
Today I also learn the importance of prep. I got my recipes mixed up and when Chef Cynthia would call us over for instruction I kept losing my place. Even though I was early for class when things got going it was crazy and hard to keep the pace. I'll be better prepared on Tuesday.
That's all for now. Next pictures of my first culinary project!

Take care of U!

No comments:

Post a Comment