Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hello,

So I made it through my first full week of culinary school. Saturday was just crazy we made 3 tarts in 5 hours. We also made some cookie dough that we will bake on Tuesday. I have the best partner in the world, Samantha. I was a bit off on Saturday and she just rolled with it. I think the sleep deprivation finally got to me. We really compliment each other well. Chef Cynthia said we will get switched up with another partner at some point (it will make us better chefs) that will be a sad day for me.
I have some pictures of the fruits of my labor :-)....these are not all the tarts I have made so far, but just the last ones I brought home.


Tarte Bourdaloue - Pear and Almond tart Bourdaloue style



Tarte Alsacienne - Alsatian Apple Tart


Tarte Aux Fruits - Fresh Fruit Tart (plum) with pastry cream







That's all for now.
Take care of U!





No comments:

Post a Comment